Thursday, August 9, 2007

Ambushed by a Jesus Freak and Saying Goodbye to Aja


Not all of my scooter rides are great. In long rides there are breakdowns, at the track there are crashes or all sorts.

On the other hand, I can always say all my mountainbike rides are great whether solo or in a group, at any trail in any weather condition.
The worse ride I can probably remember was when I used my hard tail bike and by rear derailieur got eaten up by my spokes. Had to go home after doing only 3KM but still enjoyed every bit of it.

Last week, I experienced what I call the worse ride of all. The first part was the real ride that I enjoyed immensely. The second part was when we were ambushed by an over zealous, holier than thou preacher who told us that : If we do not have faith, we will go to hell.

The first part of the ride was a great new adventure. We rode fire rodes with long climbs on rocky lose terrain. The rest was all rolling at exciting speeds, with good company.

All of the 27kms. we did was a blast to say the least and was one hell of a workout for me that day. Until.....

We had to go back to the farm for lunch, and a desert that we all would never forget.

To cut a long story short, it was the best example of someone shoving it down your throat. The best hard sell salesman I have ever encountered in my entire life.

To end the story...I did not buy what he was selling. And, if that was his condition of getting to heaven, then his heaven must be a very lonely place.

I asked him a theoretical question where a man who is morally upright who lives in the bundoks, loves his family but does not know Jesus vs. a man who dresses like Elvis, knows the bible by heart but fools around and sells drugs...who will go to heaven ? I said.

His answer folks is Elvis is going to heaven.

I'd like to forget about that ordeal and instead remember a bike that I had to let go for family reasons.

Last night she was picked up from my house by her new and rightful owner.

I dreamed about owning a GB400 years ago. My dream came true when I found Aja at a shop near our place.

Well...that's life, there a certain things that you can't keep forever.

Aja is one of them but I am happy that it was for a good reason and that she is now in good hands and in a new home.

No comments: