Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Magical Moments

Some time in the early 2000's, I joined a ride to a beach north of Manila. There was one night where we gathered in a room and jammed using a guitar and bongos. It was so much fun I ended up getting carried away doing a solo on vocals and bongos that turned into a rap of sorts that we all agreed was a magical moment we failed to record on video but will be forever remembered.

Another magical moment was at the start of this year where I played at a friend's birthday party. At the onset, I was just going through the motions. But as the night went on, the playing became so intense everyone enjoyed it till it lasted until 4 in the morning.

Same thing happened. No one remembered to record it on video, and it just remained a memory. One great jam.

Last Friday, I had the honor and pleasure to be joined by two of the country's best musicians. We did 2 long unrehearsed impromptu sets that we, and everyone in the house enjoyed, my wife and family included.

Before the set, I was scared shitless. The last time I sat on a drum kit was almost a year ago which by the way was another magical moment. this time caught on camera, posted on youtube.com

There was no rehearsal, no line up, no plans of what we were to do. There were a few adjustments here and there and admittedly some funny mistakes that went barely noticed. Overall I was happy and I consider this one of those magical moments.

To sum it all up, it was a great way to kick off the Father's Day weekend. A great weekend I shall always remember for the rest of my life. Till the next one.

No comments: