Monday, March 12, 2007

Dreaming of Owning One


A year ago, my wife and I had one of our regular lunch dates. While at the mall, she pointed out a book to me that she wanted to buy for one of our kids. To her surprise, I could not read the text from where we were standing.


She pulled me to a nearby optical shop and had the optometrist ( is that the correct title?) check my eyes. This time I was surprised when the lady told me that I needed to wear glasses.


My choice was a pair of cheap but stylish frame in brown tortoise color. I had the lenses fitted in an hour then I went back to my office wearing my first pair.


I did not stop looking for another pair after that. So I ended up buying another one at ebay via e-2-door.com at a landed price of PHP 1,500. It was a blue reebok sports frame that my wife really liked, again because of its stylish look. A pretty good deal for a good brand and unique style.


The 3rd pair was not such a great deal at all but I loved the way it fit me. Simple and comfortable in a wire frame with black color.


Ideally, I should have a pair a day. Five pairs in total for each working day. All my glasses were square and rectangular so I thought I should have something round for a change.


After searching the internet, I found my dream pair : Rye handmade british eyeglasses frames in amber havana color.


The price is quite steep selling at USD 165.00 shipping not included.


I make it a habit to visit eyeglass.com to take a peek at least every week. Who knows, in a month or so, I might post a new blog with my picture wearing a pair of my dream spectacles.


Tell you about it later...

No comments: