Sunday, March 18, 2007

Great Rides


Last Saturday, I rode 42Kms. on my mountain bike. I estimate it was 85% single track at the trails of Sta. Rosa, Laguna and Silang, Cavite.


I started out too fast playing a racing game with a Thai rider who out raced me in the first climb. We ended up laughing about it after exchanging high fives, a gatorade and a buko juice.


The rest of the ride was uneventful except for a flat tire, a broken chain, and an injured forearm of an American rider who fell on a barbed wire fence and probably needed stitches.


My climax of the ride was when I was thrown off my bike when I picked a wrong line at the coffee trail. The result was scratches on my left knee and dust all over my left arm and shoulder. Nothing to worry about except being left behind by the fast pack.


This is what I always look forward to. My big day, Saturday. The day when I have to hit the trails and enjoy a great ride. I have been doing this for 3 years now. I have stopped counting the rides because I can no longer remember where I stopped counting. What I can remember though is that all of them are great rides.


This what I love doing, and I will keep doing this until I can. This is why I hate parties, wakes, overnight affairs, and out of town trips. Call me anti-social, I don't care...I just want to ride my bike on Saturday, run -hit the bag-lift-do ab work on Monday and Wednesday, bike again on Thursday, back to the trails on Saturday.


Next month, I look forward to the long holiday. This means more time with the family and more time to ride...ride...ride


No comments: